Site Support Technician
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our AgriBusiness plant in Rock Springs, WY. The Site Support Technician will provide daily IT delivery and support for technology primarily at a Simplot Factory. This includes but is not limited to servers, desktop hardware and software, networking and communications equipment, factory technologies and user support following the IT center-led processes and standards.
High-Level Description: Provides support of infrastructure, applications and systems. This support includes, but is not limited to the following services: voice communication systems, maintenance and administration of network services, servers and desktop hardware, application support, factory data center operations and security administration. Manages service requests, requests for change, and works with others in IT and manager as appropriate.
Summary: Applies developed to advanced subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines, recommends appropriate alternatives, and may be considered a subject matter expert. Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope, which may require in depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises independent judgment within general to broadly defined policies and practices to identify or determine the best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May act as a team or project leader providing expertise or direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers / clients.
- Implements end-user technology, enterprise infrastructure, applications or services of moderate complexity partnering with the engineering teams on more complex solutions.
- Applies technical knowledge to operate, administer and support infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of moderate complexity.
- Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate.
- Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements using fundamental understanding of IT Business process or problems.
- Can independently resolve some highly complex technical issues within a given technical area.
- Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management.
- Provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management.
- Reviews, implements and verifies changes/solutions of medium complexity and risk.
- Ensures configuration management database entries are complete and accurate.
- Participates as a member of an IT technical team or teams.
- May act as an Incident coordinator or service delivery lead to provide resolution for complex issues.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
- Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt., HR, finance).
- Experience in scripting and / or programming language.
- Experience with implementation, problem analysis and delivery of infrastructure and business application environments.
- Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self-confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
- Strong initiative, integrity, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, equivalent education and experience may be considered
Years of Experience: 3-5 years
Please email your resume & cover letter to: Hallie.Stapleton@Simplot.com
(Post listing available until September 9, 2018)