One of my favorite things to do during the summer to camp. Although, camping anytime during the year is fun to me. There are many activities that you can do while camping. I have compiled a list of some activities you can try with your family next time you head out on your next family camping trip.
- Skip Rocks : Skipping rocks can be a very fun and enjoyable way to pass the time while near a lake or a pond. You can even make it a competition to see who can skip a rock the furthest. Just remember the flatter the better.
- Fishing: Fishing is a great camping activity. Make it fun. Have a contest to see who can cast the furthest, who can catch the most fish, biggest fish, or littlest fish. It’s also a great way to get a delicious dinner for the night.
- Boating: Spend the day on the water. Go waterskiing, tubing, or just lounge around on the boat out on the lake. Just remember to wear your life jacket.
- Swimming: Swimming in a cool Wyoming lake or pond is always a great way to pass the time and cool off during the hot summer months.
- Corn Hole: Taking your corn hole boards with you can be a fun way to pass the time while in camp.
- Hiking: Hiking in Wyoming can be a fun way to burn calories, see some breathtaking views, and just escape from everyday life.
- Photography: Combine this with a nice hike in the mountains and you won’t be disappointed. Take pictures of pretty flowers, the doe and fawn deer on the hill above you, a breathtaking mountain sunset, or even of your favorite resting spot. Wyoming provides many great photo opportunities.
- Wildlife Viewing: Add this to the hiking and camping and you will not be disappointed. Make a list of animals, birds, and insects before you go to camp and see if you can find all the animals on your list. Make it a goal to get pictures of all the items on your list.
- Board Games: Take your families favorite board games and enjoy a fun game night near the fire.
- Lay In A Hammock: Take a hammock with you and find a nice shady spot between two trees to place it. Kick back, listen to the sounds of nature, take a nap, read a book or just unwind.
- Stargaze: While relaxing in camp, glance up at the stars. See how many constellations you can find.
These are just a few of the activities I enjoy doing while camping. You may have more. The main thing is to just have fun. You’re not at work so just relax and enjoy nature.
“I’m Tyler Mann, and I’ll see you on the trail.”