Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Sweetwater County School District #1 Approves Early Start Time For Kindergarten: Members from the SWSD#1 approved to move start time for kindergarten age students to 8:40 am. More information here.
- Sweetwater County School District #1 Approves Resolution To Pursue Legal Action: Members from the SWSD#1 approves resolution for legal action against the state. More information here.
- RSPD Still Seeks Information On Economy Guest Village Assault: The Rock Springs Police Department is still seeking information on an assault that occurred in Rock Springs last month.Jacob Ryan Findley has been identified as a person of interest in the assault which occurred on Friday, March 10, 2017 at the Economy Guest Village. He was allegedly seen driving a blue Jeep Liberty with Ohio license plates GDS6236. The Jeep was originally thought to be black.In addition, RSPD is asking for the public’s help in identifying a woman who was allegedly seen with Findley. She is described as having long, dark hair and is pictured on surveillance standing next to the person of interest. More information here.
- Slash Pile Burns Scheduled At Lousy George And Currant Creek Ridge Juniper Projects: The Bureau of Land Management High Desert District will burn slash piles at locations about 60 miles to the south/southwest of Rock Springs April 11th through the 22nd.
Slash piles will be burned in the Lousy George and Currant Creek Ridge Juniper projects located about two miles south of the Currant Creek Ranch. More information here.
- BLM Pinedale Road Washed Out: The Bureau of Land Management Pinedale Field Office is to informing the public that a section of Burma Road in Sublette County has washed out.
The washout on Burma Road is approximately 8 miles north of Luman Road. Traveling from Highway 351 the washout is south of Blue Rim. Flagging is posted at the washout to notify motorists.
Through travel from Highway 351 to Luman Road is not possible on Burma Road at this time. Access to Luman Road can be achieved from Jonah North Road or multiple locations off Highway 191. More information here.
(Via ABC News)
3 dead, including 8-year-old, in apparent murder-suicide at San Bernardino elementary school, police say: Three people are dead, including a teacher and an eight-year-old student, in an apparent murder-suicide at a San Bernardino, California, elementary school Monday, according to police.
The suspected gunman was identified as 53-year-old Riverside resident Cedric Anderson, who went to North Park Elementary School armed with a .357 revolver and opened fire on his wife, 53-year-old Karen Elaine Smith, said San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan [BERG-wahn] at a press conference Monday afternoon. More information here.