Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- It was a full house of voters last night at the White Mountain Library as the five Republican candidates for Sweetwater County Commissioners met in a political forum. The five candidates answered questions from a panel of media members. Three of the five will move on to November’s general election after the August 21st primary election. Doc Wendling and John Kolb are looking to be re-elected to the Sweetwater County Commission while Roy Llyod, Jeffery Smith and Allan Jarnagin are seeking positions on the commission.A video replay of last night’s forum can be found at Facebook.com/Wyo4News.Just one candidate was present for last night’s Republican Sheriff Political Forum. John Grossnickel was in attendance while Delbert Gray was unable to attend. A statement from Gray was read while Grossnickel answered questions from the media panel.
- Rock Springs Man Arrested After Tactical Team Callout: A wanted Rock Springs man was arrested without incident after a Tactical Response Team callout on Wednesday. More information here.
- Suspect In Yellowstone Bison Incident Pleads not Guilty: Raymond Reinke, 55, from Pendleton, Oregon, appeared Wednesday, August 8, before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Carman at the Yellowstone Justice Center in Mammoth Hot Springs, Wyoming. More information here.
- Yellowstone’s Fire Danger Has Been Raised To VERY HIGH: The park-wide fire danger level for Yellowstone has been raised to very high. More information here.
- Zero Fatalities During Traffic Enforcement Operations For Pioneer Days In Uinta County: The Pioneer Days Celebration 2018, was a busy and safe travel weekend across southwest Wyoming. More information here.
- Berry Season Is Underway In Grand Teton National Park: Berry season is underway in Grand Teton National Park and the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway. More information here.
- UW Energy Resources Council To Meet Aug 24: The University of Wyoming Energy Resources Council (ERC) will meet at 8 a.m. Friday, Aug. 24, at the BP Collaboration Center in the Energy Innovation Center on the UW campus. More information here.
- Nominations For Daniels Fund Ethical Leadership Award Being Accepted: Nominations for the Daniels Fund Ethical Leadership Award are now being accepted. More information here.
- Cowboy Football Completes 11th Fall Practice Session: As the Wyoming Cowboys completed their 11th practice of fall camp on Wednesday, head coach Craig Bohl said there were still position battles in play as the Cowboys work to solidify their depth chart at a number of positions. More information here.
- Cowgirls Soccer Picked Eighth In MW Preseason Poll: The University of Wyoming women’s soccer team was picked to finish eighth in the preseason Mountain West Coaches’ Poll, the conference announced Thursday. More information here.
Links to National and International News: