Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- BLM To Close Red Creek Lizzie Spring Bridge For Repair: The Bureau of Land Management Rock Springs Field Office has determined that it is necessary to temporarily close the Red Creek Lizzie Spring Bridge. More information here.
- Sheriff Speaks At Lunch And Learn Event; Answers Questions About Budget Slash: Sweetwater County Sheriff Mike Lowell spoke at the August Green River Chamber of Commerce Lunch and Learn event at the Hampton Inn in Green River on Wednesday. More information here.
- Fire Ban On Game And Fish Lands Statewide: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is banning open fires on all Game and Fish Commission owned and administered lands to prevent wildfires and protect the important habitat during the eclipse weekend. More information here.
- Green River High School Opens Media Center: Green River High School is ready for the start of the school year with an up-to-date media center. More information here.
- 2017 Wyoming High School Assessment Results: Results are now available online from the 2017 statewide high school assessments administered to students in grades 9 through 11. More information here.
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters Grateful For School Readiness Donations: Greater Wyoming Big Brothers Big Sisters, serving Sweetwater County, is humbled by the generous donations of the YAP Group (Young and Professionals), Rock Springs Walmart and Susan Hynes of Fort Collins, Colorado for helping the children in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program get ready for school. More information here.
- Two Mountaineers Rescued On Grand Teton: Grand Teton National Park’s Jenny Lake Rangers, Teton Interagency Helitack, and the Teton Interagency Contract Helicopter came to the rescue of two mountaineers Tuesday, August 15. More information here.
- Biologist To Begin Bear Trapping For Research Purposes In Yellowstone National Park: Yellowstone National Park would like to inform the public that biologists with the Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team (IGBST) and Yellowstone National Park will be conducting scientific grizzly bear and black bear research operations in Yellowstone National Park from August 22 through October 31. More information here.
- BLM Calls For Fire Safety During 2017 Solar Eclipse: On Monday, Aug. 21, visitors to Wyoming public lands are encouraged to practice fire safety while traveling to and viewing the solar eclipse. More information here.
- Online Inmate Jail Roster Now Available: The Sweetwater County Detention Center’s online Inmate Jail Roster website is now live and available to the general public. More information here.
- County To Upgrade Website: The Sweetwater County website will get a new look in the coming months. More information here.
- Tigers, Wolves, And Pronghorns Show Up In Pre-Season Football Polls: The WyoPreps.com Coach’s and Media Preseason Football Polls are out. In the 4A Class the Rock Springs Tigers are ranked number six. More information here.
- Trump announces end to manufacturing council amid resignations: After several business leaders announced their resignations from the White House’s American Manufacturing Council in recent days, President Donald Trump announced he was ending the panel Wednesday, along with the separate Strategic and Policy Forum. More information here.
- Mother of woman killed in Charlottesville: “This is just the beginning of Heather’s legacy”: At a memorial service Wednesday for Heather Heyer [HIGH-er], the woman killed Saturday when a car rammed into a crowd of counterprotesters at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Heyer’s mother was met with a standing ovation as she said, “They tried to kill my child to shut her up — well, guess what — you just magnified her.” More information here.