Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Farson-Eden School To Start Tuesday: Farson-Eden School will not begin school tomorrow Monday August 21, 2017 due to a safety concern. More information here.
- Elevated Fire Conditions In Effect: The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued the following special weather statement concerning elevated fire conditions in Southwest Wyoming. More information here.
- School Zone Speed Limits Back In Effect Today In Rock Springs: Rock Springs Police Chief Dewane Pacheco reminds drivers that the first day of school for Rock Springs students and other Sweetwater County School District #1 students is Monday morning. More information here.
- Near Eclipse Party Today: While Rock Springs and Green River are just outside of the path of totality for the total solar eclipse. More information here.
- Wolves And Lady Wolves Tennis Come Up Short In Laramie: Both the Green River High School tennis teams lost at Laramie on Saturday. More information here.
- Tigers And Lady Tigers Drop Matches Against Laramie: The Rock Springs Boys and Girls tennis teams lost their matches Saturday in Laramie. More information here.
- Rangers Rescue Hiker In Grand Teton National Park: Grand Teton National Park rangers conducted a helicopter-based rescue of a climber who was seriously injured while descending the Grand Teton. More information here.
- Car Seat Inspection Event Set For August 26: The Child Passenger Safety Program, which includes Wyoming Safe Kids, Sweetwater County Fire Department #1, Rock Springs Fire Department, Highway Patrol, and Green River Fire Department, is holding a car seat inspections at Flaming Gorge Harley Davidson. More information here.
- Drones, What You Need To Know Before You Fly: Whether for personal use or business, the use of drones is becoming more popular around the world. More information here.
- Green River Chamber Welcomes New CEO: The Green River Chamber of Commerce welcomed a new CEO this week. More information here.
- Memorial Hospital Of Sweetwater County Earns Top Quality Award: It’s official. On Aug. 10, 2017, Mountain-Pacific Quality Health recognized Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County with a 2017 Hospital Quality Excellence Award. More information here.
- BLM Kemmerer Field Office Invites Public To 2017 National Helping Hands Day: On Thursday, Aug. 31, the Bureau of Land Management Kemmerer Field Office invites families, individuals, and organizations to help clean up the “Badlands” area outside of Mountain View. This event is part of an early celebration of National Public Lands Day (NPLD). More information here.
10 missing after USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship; search underway: A Navy guided-missile destroyer, the USS John S. McCain, collided with a commercial vessel east of Singapore early Monday morning local time, the Navy said. More information here.
Barcelona terror suspect may have fled the country: Spanish authorities are still searching for the man they suspect of driving the white van that plowed down pedestrians in Barcelona, Spain, on Thursday, killing more than a dozen. More information here.