Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Cowboys Conduct Physical Practice Tuesday, All American Andrew Wingard To Lead Defense: It was a physical practice as the Wyoming Cowboys completed their 20th practice of fall camp on Tuesday in War Memorial Stadium. More information here.
- Washington Woman Arrested For Child Endangerment: A Washington woman is behind bars, charged with Child Endangerment and drug possession, Sweetwater County Sheriff Mike Lowell said on Tuesday. More information here.
- BLM Schedules Final Wild Horse And Burro Adoption For 2017: The Bureau of Land Management and the Wyoming Honor Farm will partner for Wyoming’s final wild horse and burro adoption of 2017. More information here.
- Despite High Eclipse Traffic, Memorial Hospital Has Typical Monday: Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County was prepared for any situation which could arise during the solar eclipse on Monday, but the day turned out to be a typical one at the hospital. More information here.
- Hamby Named To All-Academic Team: Rock Springs Archie Hay Post 24, player J.D. Hamby, was recently named to the American Legion All-Academic Team. More information here.
- Wyoming Sees Dramatic Traffic Increase During Eclipse: Wyoming experienced historic traffic volume on Monday as the state experienced a total solar eclipse. More information here.
- Wyoming Gardner-Webb, Fresno State Games To Be Televised: The Mountain West Conference and AT&T SportNet Rocky Mountain announced on Monday a slate of 11 conference games to be televised for this coming season. Two Wyoming games are part of that television package. More information here.
- Local High School Sports: August 21-26: Local high school sports schedules here.
- Iowa Men Face Drug Charges: Two Iowa men have been arrested and face felony and misdemeanor drug charges, thanks to K9 Deputy Jara. More information here.
- Game And Fish Seeks Public Comment On Records Access Fur Dealers And Tanneries Regulations: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is holding a public meeting in Cheyenne and has opened a comment period to gather public input on proposed regulations governing access to records, fur dealers and tanneries. More information here.
- Wyoming Releases First Fall Depth Chart, Coach Bohl Comments On Weekend Scrimmage: The Wyoming Cowboys began their final week of fall camp on Monday, prior to entering game week next Monday in preparation for the season opener at Iowa on Saturday, Sept. 2. More information here.
- Pole Creek Fire Continues To Burn Near Kemmerer: The blaze was originally reported on August 4th about 25 miles northwest of Kemmerer and has been determined as human caused. More information here.
- Donation Provides 16,000 Acres Of Hunting And Fishing Access In Wyoming: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department recently received a $5,000 donation to support hunters and anglers through the Access Yes Program. More information here.
- Trump defends Charlottesville response, lashes out at critics at combative campaign rally; protesters clash with police: In the face of swirling controversies and political infighting, and after a formal address Monday in which he expressed hope the country would find the inspiration to “unify” and “heal,” President Donald Trumpstruck a hostile and defiant tone for the bulk of a campaign rally in Arizona Tuesday evening. Trump railed against his critics and the media as he continued to defend his response to last week’s violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. More information here.
- Forces to arrive in Afghanistan within days or weeks: US general: The top U.S. commander in the Middle East estimates that additional U.S. troops could arrive in Afghanistan within days or weeks, but, according to several U.S. officials, Defense Secretary James Mattishas yet to sign any orders to deploy more forces and is reviewing the Pentagon’s earlier force recommendation. More information here.