Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Montano Changes Plea In Brewer And Fortuna Murders: A man charged with killing two childhood friends from Sweetwater County changed his plea yesterday in Gillette. More information here.
- Rock Springs Main Street/URA Hosts Community Meeting And Refresh: The Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency is hosting a Community Meeting and Refresh for those who want to be more involved in how Downtown Rock Springs looks and functions. More information here.
- Wyoming Nonresident Outfitter Convicted Of Transferring Licenses: For the second time in less than 10 years, a Wyoming professional outfitter has been charged and convicted of illegally using clients hunting licenses. More information here.
- Mountain Lion Hunt Area 12 Is Closed: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is alerting mountain lion hunters that hunt area 12, the Flaming Gorge Area, closed this morning at 6 a.m. More information here.
- Hospice of Sweetwater County to Receive Donation From Commerce Bank’s “My Fair Share” Program: Employees of Commerce Bank of Wyoming have decided to donate money to Hospice of Sweetwater County as a part of the “My Fair Share” program. More information here.
- YWCA Provides Information About Sexual Assault and Common Misconceptions: YWCA of Sweetwater County has provided some information about sexual assaults and misconceptions surrounding such crimes. More information here.
- Comedian Kenny Ahern Performing at Broadway Theater This Friday: The Broadway Theater presents Kenny Ahern “To Laugh Is To Live” Friday, January 26th at 7:00 pm. More information here.
- Weatherby Relocates to Wyoming: Firearms manufacturer Weatherby, Inc., is relocating its manufacturing operations and corporate headquarters from California to Sheridan, Wyoming. More information here.
- Wyoming Cowboys and Cowgirls are both back on the basketball court tonight. The Cowboys (3-3, 12-7) will host 23rd rated and MWC leader Nevada (7-0, 18-3) tonight in the Double A. Nevada defeated the Pokes 92-83 back on January 3rd in Reno. Game time is 9:00 pm on WyoRadio’s 99.7 JACK-FM or streamed at 99KSIT.com. Meanwhile, the league leading Wyoming Cowgirls (5-1, 12-5) travel to Nevada (4-3, 11-7) for a 7:30 pm game. The Cowgirls won the first meeting this year 66-60 in Laramie. Tonight’s game will be streamed on WyoRadio’s 1360KRKK.com.
National & International News:
- 2 dead, 18 wounded in shooting at Kentucky high school; suspect in custody: Two teenagers have died and 18 other people are wounded after a shooting at a Kentucky high school Tuesday morning, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said. More information here.
- Special Counsel Mueller to seek answers directly from President Trump, sources say: Special Counsel Robert Mueller has indicated to lawyers for President Donald Trump that his office will seek answers directly from the president on the circumstances around the firings of former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former FBI Director James Comey, sources with knowledge of the matter confirm to ABC News. More information here.
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty against suspected Tampa serial killer: Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against a suspected serial killer in Tampa who is accused of shooting and killing four people between October 9 and November 14, causing widespread fear in the Seminole Heights neighborhood. More information here.
- Tillerson: Russia “ultimately bears responsibility” for chemical attacks in Syria: In the aftermath of another “apparent chlorine gas attack” by the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson blasted the Assad regime for its “crimes against humanity” but also laid some of the blame on Russia. More information here.