Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Sheriff’s Office Seeking Information on 4thof July Incident: County officers are hoping the public might have information on a 4th of July incident just north of Rock Springs. More information here.
- Rock Springs Named One of America’s 25 Cutest Main Streets: In a press release to Wyo4News from the Rock Springs Main Street/ Urban Renewal Agency (URA), it was announced that Rock Springs was recently named to a list of America’s 25 Cutest Main Streets in Small(er) Towns by Fodor’s Travel. More information here.
- Volunteers Sought for National High School Finals Rodeo: The Sweetwater County Events Complex is still actively seeking volunteers to help with the National High School Finals Rodeo. More information here.
- Spirit Ride in Green River this Thursday, July 12th: This Thursday, July 12th the Green River Urban Renewal/Main Street Agency and the City of Green River will be hosting a Spirit Ride in Green River. More information here.
- Terek Fire 30 Percent Contained: The Terek fire, located northeast of Worland, Wyoming, exhibited active fire behavior Monday night and is now approximately 36,000 acres burning in sage and grass. More information here.
- Smoke From Hayden Fire in Yellowstone May Be Visible: Smoke from the lightning-ignited Hayden Fire may be visible from the Grand Loop Road between Canyon Village and Mud Volcano. More information here.
- Emergency Closure for Safety at Hidden Falls Area Of Jenny Lake: The National Park Service has implemented an emergency closure in the Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point areas on the west side of Jenny Lake for human safety. More information here.
- Mount Washburn Trails and Trailhead Parking Lots to Close Thursday, July 12th: Mount Washburn trails and trailhead parking lots from Dunraven Pass and Chittenden Road will close Thursday, July 12, at 12 a.m. More information here.
- Gillette Couple Pleads Guilty to Poaching: A Gillette couple will pay close to $10,000 in fines and restitution after pleading guilty to the illegal taking of a buck mule deer during the fall of 2017. More information here.
- The Amazing Adam to Perform July 11thand 12th: The Sweetwater County Library is hosting The Amazing Adam, an illusionist, juggler, and circus act performer during its Summer Reading Program. More information here.
- UW’s $20 Million Microbial Grant Research Projects Underway this Summer: Over the next five years, UW researchers are taking an up-close look at those unseen organisms at an unprecedented scale, thanks to a $20 million, five-year grant from the National Science Foundation. More information here.
- Adams And Herndon Play in NBA Summer League Games: Former Wyoming Cowboy basketball standout Josh Adams scored seven points with two assists and three rebounds last night in the Dallas Mavericks 91-71 win over Golden State. More information here.
- Cowgirl Golfers to Compete in Tournaments in Colorado and California: his week will see two University of Wyoming women’s golfers play in events in Colorado and California. More information here.
- U.S. Amateur Qualifier to be Hosted by Jacoby Golf Course; Cowboy Junior Dan Starzinski Enters U.S. Amateur Qualifier After Capturing Low Amateur in the Laramie Open: The University of Wyoming’s Glenn “Red” Jacoby Golf Course was the site of one of the elite events in the region on Tuesday, July 10 when it hosted a U.S. Golf Association qualifier for the U.S. Amateur Championship. More information here.
Links to National and International News: