Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Teen Rescued In Fremont County With Help of SubletteCounty SAR: A 15-year-old who was injured in a horse accident in Fremont County was rescued Sunday with the help of Sublette County Search and Rescue. Sublette County Dispatch was notified of a request for assistance at about 4 p.m. Sunday. It was reported that a 15-year-old was injured in the mountains near Ross Lake, south of Dubois. Due to a malfunction with a Classic medical helicopter that attempted to fly in, no direct access in a timely fashion was available locally and the Dubois Search and Rescue I.C. requested the Sublette County short haul team to extract the injured from the area. More information here.
- RSPD Warns of Grant Phone Scam: The Rock Springs Police Department has received reports of a new scam circulating in the area. In this scam, the caller claims to be from the State of Wyoming and offers grant money to people who are from Wyoming with good credit. The caller attempts to solicit private information about the victim in what is most likely an attempt to gain credit with the information. More information here.
- UW Board of Trustees Meets In Rock Springs Today Through Friday: The University of Wyoming Board of Trustees will consider the university’s strategic plan for the next five years during a meeting Tuesday through Friday, July 18-21, at Western Wyoming Community College in Rock Springs. Meetings with legislators and Wyoming community college presidents also are on the agenda for the board during its traditional once-a-year, off-campus meeting. More information here.
- Sweetwater County Commissioners Meet Today: The Sweetwater County Board of County Commissioners will meet today beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the commissioners’ chambers. Interested parties are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes earlier than the topic’s scheduled time. See the agenda here.
- RS and GR City Councils Meet Today: Both the Rock Springs and Green River City Councils meet today beginning at 7 p.m. View the Rock Springs agenda here. See the Green River agenda here.
- School Boards To Meet Today and Tomorrow: Sweetwater County School District #2 will host a workshop and regularly scheduled board meeting today. The workshop begins at 6:30 p.m. followed by their board meeting at 7 p.m. See the agenda here. Sweetwater County School District #1 will host a budget workshop and board meeting tomorrow. The workshop will take place at 6 p.m Wednesday followed by the board meeting (including a budget hearing) at 7 p.m. See the agenda here.
- 2 more senators oppose health bill in apparent body blow to GOP effort to replace Obamacare: Two new Republican senators announced their opposition to the GOP health care bill Monday night, leaving the party leadership in the Senate short of votes to bring the legislation to the floor for a vote. More information here.
- Angry family demanding answers in bride-to-be shooting: A Minneapolis man who says he’s heartbroken and “devastated” after his bride-to-be was shot and killed by police this weekend is “desperate for information” in the shooting. More information here.