Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- School District #1 To Host Workshop, Budget Hearing, and Board Meeting Today: The Sweetwater County School District #1 Board of Trustees will host a budget workshop and board meeting on Wednesday, July 19, 2017. The budget workshop begins at 6 p.m. followed by the regularly scheduled board meeting at 7 p.m. At the beginning of the meeting, a public hearing will take place on the budget. See the agenda here.
- Memorial Hospital Family Clinic To Conduct Sports Physicals: Memorial Hospital Family Clinic will conduct sports physicals for the upcoming sports seasons. The clinic, located at 3000 College Drive in Rock Springs, will conduct sports physicals from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on July 27th and again from 10 a.m. to noon on July 31st. More information here.
- BLM Implements Stage 1 Fire Restrictions in Carbon County: The Bureau of Land Management Rawlins Field Office is implementing Stage 1 Fire Restrictions for all BLM-administered lands within Carbon County beginning July 18, 2017. More information here.
- Statewide Hearing Scheduled on Helicopter and Motorized Vehicle Use In BLM Wild Horse Management: The Bureau of Land Management Wyoming invites the public to its annual statewide hearing on the use of helicopters and motorized vehicles in wild horse management operations. More information here.
- SCSD #1 Planning On Activities For Solar Eclipse: School for Sweetwater School District Number One students begins on Monday August 21, 2017, and the district is prepared and planning on activities for the rare solar eclipse. The District will be providing proper eye wear for staff and student safety. More information here.
- Teachers Appreciation BBQ August 1st: Commerce Bank of Wyoming and Sweetwater Education Association are hosting a Teachers Appreciation Barbecue and School Kick-off on August 16th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at Bunning Park in Rock Springs. More information here.
- Commissioners Appoint Members To Community Fine Arts and Museum Boards: During their regularly scheduled meeting today, the Sweetwater County Board of County Commissioners appointed members to the Community Fine Arts Center Board and the Museum Board. More information here.
- Crews Repair Pavement Failures On Dewar Drive: Crews have worked this week to repair two pavement failures on the newly paved area of Dewar Drive. Both pavement failures began to crop up over the weekend, and crews began to remedy the problems Tuesday morning. More information here.
- Funds Approved For Monument Celebrating Sweetwater County’s 150th Anniversary: The process is moving forward for placing a marker at the courthouse commemorating Sweetwater County’s 150th anniversary. During their regularly scheduled meeting today, the Board of Sweetwater County Commissioners voted to approve up to $10,000 for a monument for Sweetwater County’s sesquicentennial celebration. More information here.
Senate GOP lacks votes for Obamacare repeal, Trump says to let it fail: Three Republican senators have come out against Mitch McConnell‘s plan to repeal Obamacare, putting the brakes on second-ditch efforts to roll back the Obama administration’s signature health care legislation. More information here.
House Republicans release 2018 budget blueprint, which would slash social programs: House Republicans are proposing a $4 trillion budget for 2018 that includes deep cuts to social programs such as Medicaid and food stamps, which they say have ballooned to unsustainable levels. More information here.