Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Cardiac Arrest Victim Rescued at Rodeo: Bystanders and emergency first responders are being credited with saving the life of a cardiac arrest victim at the National High Schools Final Rodeo Wednesday night. More information here.
- Sweetwater Blues N’ Brews Coming August 11th: On Saturday, August 11 from 12 PM to 10 PM The Rock Springs Main Street/URA and The Young and Professionals of Sweetwater County will be hosting their 11th annual Sweetwater Blues n’ Brews at Bunning Park. More information here.
- The Sweetwater BOCES Presents Summer Theatre for Youth Production of “Fiddler on the Roof Jr.”: The Sweetwater BOCES Summer Theatre for Youth will present their production of Fiddler on the Roof Jr next week. More information here.
- Kiwanis Club Fundraises to Help Local Community: The Kiwanis Club of Rock Springs recently completed another successful fundraiser at the 2018 International Day celebration in Bunning Park. More information here.
- Historic Carnegie Libraries Exhibition on View at UW’s Coe Library: A traveling exhibition that highlights the historic Carnegie libraries of Wyoming will be on display at the University of Wyoming’s Coe Library until Saturday, Sept. 1. More information here.
- Temporary Closure on Moose-Wilson Road for Dust Abatement: The unpaved section of the Moose-Wilson Road in Grand Teton National Park will be temporarily closed for seasonal dust abatement beginning 4 a.m. Tuesday, July 24 and will reopen by 8 a.m. Thursday, July 26. More information here.
- Retrieval of Tracking Collars Contributes to Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Research: Wildlife Biologist Tony Mong and South Cody Game Warden Grant Gerharter recently retrieved a GPS collar in the Bobcat-Houlihan area of the South Fork that dropped off a bighorn sheep ewe last winter. More information here.
- Old Faithful Sunset: Social Media Meet Today in Yellowstone: On Friday, July 20th from 7 to 9 pm Yellowstone National Park and Yellowstone Forever will be hosting the Old Faithful Sunset Social Media Meet event at the Yellowstone Art and Photography Center. More information here.
- Interagency Firefighters Respond to Lightning-Caused Fires: Teton Interagency firefighters have responded to two lightning-caused fires and numerous abandoned campfires in the past week. More information here.
- Team Wyoming Performance Number 8 Results and Team Standings: View results here.
- Cowboys add Fort Myers Tip-Off to 2018-19 Schedule: The University of Wyoming men’s basketball schedule got even more challenging on Thursday with the addition of the Inaugural Fort Myers Tip-Off to the 2018-19 non-conference slate. More information here.
- Four Cowgirl Basketball Players Participate in International Tournaments: Four Wyoming Cowgirl basketball players recently competed on the international stage representing their respective countries. More information here.
Links to National and International News: