Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Sheriff, County Fire Warden Issue Fire, Fireworks Safety Advisory: With the 4th of July holiday fast approaching, Sheriff Mike Lowell and County Fire Warden Mike Bournazian issued a joint fire safety advisory Monday afternoon. More information here.
- Fire Danger has Increased to Moderate in Grand Teton National Park: Teton Interagency fire managers announce the fire danger rating has been elevated to moderate for the Bridger-Teton National Forest, Grand Teton National Park, National Elk Refuge, and remaining portions of the Teton Interagency Dispatch area. More information here.
- Sweetwater County Commissioners Agenda: July 3, 2018: View agenda here.
- Western Wyoming Community College Hosts the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson: The Western Wyoming Community College Aquatic Center was one of the many hosts around the World for the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson (WLSL) on June 21, 2018. More information here.
- Join the YWCA for Summer Painting Fun: For everyone who loves painting bowls during Bowls of Caring at YWCA, this is the event for you! More information here.
- Enjoy Summer Activities, But be Water Smart: Whether hiking in Wyoming’s beautiful mountains or swimming in a favorite pool or lake, making smart choices can help residents avoid catching or spreading illnesses associated with water, according to the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH). More information here.
- Space Still Available at Game and Fist Young Women’s Conservation Camp: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s overnight conservation camp is the perfect experience for young women who want to fully experience the outdoors this summer. More information here.
- Seventeen UW Researchers to Make Presentations at Ecological Society of America Meeting: Seventeen University of Wyoming faculty, staff and students will present their research findings at the 103rd annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America Aug. 5-10 in New Orleans, La. More information here.
- Stay Safe, Protect Yellowstone this Fourth of July: This holiday, Yellowstone National Park rangers ask all park visitors to arrive in the park prepared for a safe, pleasurable, and rewarding experience. More information here.
- Wyoming Legion Baseball Standings: July 1, 2018: View standings here.
- Four UW Golfers Post Top 10 Finishes at 96thWyoming State Amateur Championship: Outstanding performances by four members of the University of Wyoming golf program highlighted their participation in last weekend’s Wyoming State Amateur Championship. More information here.
Links to National and International News: