Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County:
- WYDOT Hosts State Transportation Improvement Program Meeting In RS Thursday: The Wyoming Department of Transportation, District 3 Staff, will host the 2017 State Transportation Improvement Program meeting in Rock Springs at the WYDOT Offices, at 3200 Elk Street on June 15, 2017 at 2 p.m. The public is invited to attend. More information here.
- Questar Gas Renamed Dominion Energy: Questar Gas is changing its name to Dominion Energy after a vote by corporate shareholders. Questar merged with Dominion Resources, Inc., in September 2016. More information here.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony At Rock Springs-Sweetwater County Airport: The Rock Springs-Sweetwater County Airport is hosting a groundbreaking ceremony for their new General Aviation Terminal and Hangar Facility this morning. The groundbreaking ceremony will take place at 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at the Rock Springs-Sweetwater County General Aviation location. More information here.
- WYDOT Provides Update On Elk Street And Dewar Drive Projects: Milling is underway as the Wyoming Department of Transportation continues with work on Elk Street and Dewar Drive. Crews are working as fast as they can to mill up pavements and minimize delays to accesses and local businesses. This week contract crews will begin milling operations on half of the roadway width on Elk Street and begin milling operations on Dewar Drive. More information here.
Grand Teton National Park Hosts Eclipse Across America Speaker Series: Grand Teton National Park is hosting an Eclipse Across America Speaker Series this summer to share knowledge and facts about the upcoming total solar eclipse. Participating professors and astronomers will demonstrate and share their expertise and years of studying eclipses. Each presentation in the series is intended to increase participants’ understanding of many aspects of this spectacular event taking place in our sky on August 21. More information here.
- Jeff Sessions testifies: What to expect from Tuesday’s Senate Intelligence Committee hearing: Attorney General Jeff Sessions will testify in an open session before the Senate Intelligence Committee Tuesday afternoon as a part of its ongoing probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. More information here.
- 9th Circuit Appeals Court largely upholds block on Trump’s revised travel ban: President Trump‘s second travel ban is still being largely blocked by the courts after the latest decision was handed down today. More information here.