Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Juvenile Felony Drug Arrest: The Rock Springs Police Department arrested a male juvenile on the felony charge of manufacturing or delivery of a controlled substance. More information here.
- County Closes Accounts at Bank of the West, Opens With Commerce Bank: At the regularly scheduled commissioners meeting today, County Treasurer Robb Slaughter reported that the county has effectively removed all funds from Bank of the West. More information here.
- Sweetwater County Fire District #1 Reminds Everyone to: “Look, Listen, Learn, Be Aware, Fire can Happen Anywhere!”: Location matters when it comes to your smoke alarm and having an escape route of your home. That’s the message behind this year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Look, Listen, Learn, Be Aware, Fire can happen anywhere”. More information here.
- Sweetwater Foster Care Information Meeting Coming October 11th: Sweetwater Foster Care will be having a meet and greet/ question and answer session on Thursday, October 11th at the White Mountain Library in Rock Springs. More information here.
- High Grizzly Bear Activity a Reminder to be Bear Aware and To Stay Safe: This weekend Game and Fish personnel were on the move dealing with several situations involving grizzly bears and humans in northwest Wyoming. More information here.
- UW Business Students Get Close Look at IRS Criminal Investigations: Students in the University of Wyoming accounting program will get a firsthand look at Internal Revenue Service criminal investigations during an exercise Friday, October 12th on the UW campus. More information here.
- Area Football Team Show Up In Latest WyoPreps Rankings: The latest WyoPreps high school football rankings are out. In 4A, Casper Natorna is back on top with Thunder Basin dropping to number two. Rock Springs is back into the poll at number six. Rock Springs travels to Thunder Basin this Friday night. More information here.
Links to National and International News: