- Retail Gap Analysis Identified Local Retail Needs: A Retail Gap Analysis has identified some of the top retail needs in Green River, Rock Springs, and Sweetwater County. Business Development Manager for the Chamber Kayla McDonald and Data Analyst Trey Petty identified the top five retail gaps in the area. More information here.
- Roadwork In Pinedale This Week: The Wyoming Department of Transportation will be conducting crack sealing work on US 191 through Pinedale (Pine Street) this week. The work will take place in the nighttime hours between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. Monday, Sept. 11, through Thursday, Sept. 14. More information here.
- Concessioner Selected For Boat Shuttles At Jenny Lake: National Park Service Intermountain Regional Director Sue Masica announced the selection of Jenny Lake Boating, Inc. to provide boat shuttle service, scenic interpretive boat tours, and non-motorized boat rentals at Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park. The new ten-year concession contract is anticipated to begin January 1, 2018. More information here.
- Artist Leah Hardy Speaking at WWCC: Artist Leah Hardy will be speaking in the art gallery at Western Wyoming Community College at 2:30 p.m., September 21st, 2017. Hardy is a professor in the Metalsmithing Program in the University of Wyoming’s Department of Art. Her work will be exhibited through September 21st in the art gallery at WWCC. More information here.
- “Erasing The Liberty” Presentation & Book Signing This Thursday: Authors Phil Tourney and David Gahary will be holding a presentation and book signing for their book Erasing The Liberty on Thursday, September 14th starting at 5:00 pm at the Fraternal Order of Eagles, 88 North E Street in Green River. More information here.
- 5th Annual Mikey Thorpe Memorial Ride For Life September 23rd: The 5th Annual Mikey Thorpe Memorial Ride For Life is set for Saturday, September 23rd. This annual event raises money for helping to make wishes come true for Wyoming’s terminally ill children. More information here.
- Containment Expected Soon For Fire Near Evanston: Fire crews near Evanston expect containment soon on a wildfire which started when a wind turbine ignited. More information here.
- Wyoming Cowboys/Hawai’i Game Time Announced: Game time for the September 23rd Wyoming Cowboys’ home game against Hawai’i was announced today. The Pokes and Rainbow Warriors football game will kick-off at 8:15 p.m in War Memorial Stadium. More information here.
- Irma leaves 9 dead in US, “devastation” in Florida Keys: Hurricane Irma was still wreaking havoc in South Carolina late Monday after causing at least nine deaths in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. More information here.
- UN Security Council unanimously approves new sanctions on North Korea: The United Nations Security Council on Monday unanimously approved a new round of sanctions on North Korea, one week after the country conducted its sixth and strongest nuclear test to date. More information here.