Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- New Area Fires Reported: A new fire has been reported south of Bondurant and Cliff Creek on the Lincoln Sublette County border. The fire was discovered by hunters Saturday. At last report the fire was around 80 acres in size. At this point no cause has been determined. More information here.
- Florida Man Arrested, 30+ Pounds of Marijuana Seized: A Florida man was arrested Thursday evening and just over 30 pounds of marijuana seized, according to Sheriff Mike Lowell. More information here.
- Country Singer Suzy Bogguss To Perform Tonight: Country singer Suzy Bogguss will be performing Monday night at the Rock Springs High School Theatre in a benefit concert to help Sweetwater County Search and Rescue raise funds for the purchase a new or used snowcat to replace their current aging snowcat. More information here.
- Recommended Class of 2019 RSHS Graduation Date Announced: In a press release sent to Wyo4News, Sweetwater County School District #1 has announced a recommended date for the class of 2019 to graduate from Rock Springs High School. More information here.
- Mule Deer Research Ongoing Near Superior: Researchers with the University of Wyoming are continuing to capture and study mule deer near Superior, Wyo. as part of the Red Desert to Hoback Migration Project. More information here.
- Rock Springs City Council Agenda: September 18, 2018: View agenda here.
- Green River City Council Agenda: September 18, 2018: View agenda here.
- Sweetwater County Commissioners Agenda: September 18, 2018: View agenda here.
- Young at Heart Community Center Calendar for 9/17-9/21: View calendar here.
- Sara McQuaid to Perform at White Mountain Library This Wednesday, September 19th: On Wednesday, September 19th at 6:30 pm Sarah McQuaid will make her second visit to the White Mountain Library for a free one hour concert. More information here.
- Country Artist Darryl Worley to Play at the Broadway Theater on October 19: Country artist Darryl Worley is set to play an intimate acoustic set at the Broadway Theater in Rock Springs on Friday, October 19th. More information here.
- Friday Area High School Football Results: View results here.
- 4A South Regional High School Tennis Results: View results here.
- Saturday’s High School Volleyball Results: View results here.
- Cowgirl Volleyball Suffers Loss to Syracuse at Iowa Tournament: The Wyoming volleyball team’s comeback bid came up just short in its second match of the weekend at the Cyclone Classic to Syracuse on Friday afternoon at Hilton Coliseum, falling in five sets to the Orange. More information here.
- Cowgirls Drop Match to Iowa Saturday: The Wyoming volleyball team finished off its weekend at the Cyclone Classic on Saturday afternoon with a 3-1 loss to Iowa at Hilton Coliseum. More information here.
- Cowgirl Soccer Earns Win Over Southern Utah: The Wyoming soccer team (5-1-2 overall) closed out the non-conference season with a 2-1 victory over the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (1-7-0) on Friday afternoon. More information here.
- Coach Craig Bohl’s Post Game Comments About Cowboy Football Win: Here are some comments by Wyoming football head coach Craig Bohl after Saturday’s 17-14 home win over Wofford College. More information here.
- Pokes Get Touchdown With 17-Seconds to Play to Pull out Win: Two great defensive stands followed by a dramatic 80-yard offensive drive to score the game-winning touchdown fueled the Wyoming Cowboys’ 17-14 home win over the Wofford Terriers on Saturday at War Memorial Stadium. More information here.
Links to National and International News: