Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- RSPD Investigating Accidental Shooting: On Monday, September 17, 2018, the Rock Springs Police Department were dispatched to Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County for an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound. More information here.
- The Child Passenger Safety Program Offers Car Seat Inspection this Saturday: The Child Passenger Safety Program is holding car seat inspections at the Harley Davidson Parking Lot, 44 Unita Drive in Green River on Saturday, September 22nd. More information here.
- County Commission Delays Decision on Airport Terminal Funding: The Sweetwater County Commissioners held their regularly scheduled meeting today at the Sweetwater County Courthouse in Green River. More information here.
- Game & Fish to Give Away Bear Spray: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department are again partnering with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and several Wyoming hunting groups to distribute bear spray to hunters and anglers at no cost beginning on 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20. More information here.
- Wyoming Watercraft Registration Closed During October: The Wyoming Game and Fish Department will be closing the 2018 watercraft registration season and preparing for the 2019 season during the month of October. More information here.
- Live in The Lobby Concert Series Returns to the Broadway Theater: According to the Rock Springs Main Street/URA, the Broadway Theater’s popular Live in the Lobby concert series returns in September with a special performance by Jodee Lewis. More information here.
- Leigh Canyon Fire Update September 18th: Teton Interagency Firefighters continue to monitor the Leigh Canyon Fire in Grand Teton National Park, located about one mile above Leigh Canyon from the west side of Leigh Lake. More information here.
- MHSC Paint the Town Pink: Are you ready for a night out? Grab your friends and join us for Paint the Town Pink – Ladies Night Out. More information here.
- Community Baby Shower Set for October 6th: The fourth annual Community Baby Shower is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 6 at Young at Heart Senior Center. More information here.
- Cowgirl Volleyball Set to Open MW Play: The Wyoming volleyball team opens Mountain West play this weekend with a home-road split against San Jose State and Nevada. More information here.
- Katelyn Mitchem Named Mountain West Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week: Wyoming freshman cross country runner Katelyn Mitchem has been named the Mountain West Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, it was announced Tuesday by the conference office. More information here.
Links to National and International News: