The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Laborers, under the direction of the Laborer Supervisor, learn processes and procedures for ensuring efficient and safe plant operation and industrial cleaning. Laborers are expected to fill internal operations postings as they become available
- Maintain knowledge of necessary PPE and other equipment needed to safely perform work duties
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with all rules and regulations, and continuously practice safety while performing duties; follow proper chemical handling procedures
- Routinely inspect the condition of equipment, pumps, piping, gauges, valves, etc.
- Routine tank cleaning
- Perform filter maintenance, including filter changes and cleaning
- Routine vessel entries and cleaning
- Fire watch and entry attendant duties
- Plant housekeeping, including painting, snow removal, etc.
- Operate forklift, man lift, skid steer loaders, front-end loaders, and other associated equipment
- Routine plant maintenance using assorted hand tools
- Document and clearly communicates turnovers
- High School Diploma or GED
- Relevant Experience
- Ability and willingness to learn procedures and plant operations to advance into operations as positions become available
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Possess time management skills and demonstrate punctuality
- Must have a positive, pleasant, friendly, energetic, professional image and demeanor
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Show initiative and willingness to learn and grow with the company; team player with a strong work ethic
- Experience and knowledge of environments that include materials requiring Process Safety Management is a plus
Hourly Wage: $31.06
- The regular schedule is Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. However, this job could require the ability to work twelve hours per day including holidays, weekends, and night shifts in a chemical production plant that operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Job duties may require the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, grip, push, pull, move and/or carry product, which may be in excess of 50 pounds.
- This individual may be required to stand for extended periods of time while conducting tests.
- Please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
- This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
- The hiring process for candidates being considered may include Work Keys testing, on-site interviews, pre-employment testing & background checks
Job Requisition ID: 13895
Travel Required: None
Location(s): ABW Plant – Rock Springs
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran
status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
To apply, please go HERE.
(This is a paid advertisement and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Wyo4News management and staff. We reserve the right to delete any, and all, comments. If your business would like to advertise with Wyo4News please contact our sales team here.)