The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy. Develops, implements, and evaluates phases of programs and procedures to assure personnel and facility safety.
- Works with internal personnel in integrating programs. Measures and documents compliance programs/efforts.
- Develops and implements phases of programs and record-keeping systems to track and evaluate personnel injury and illness experience. Participates in monitoring and controlling the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and State regulations.
- Conducts trend analysis, audits, accident investigations, and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment, and materials. Analyzes data in compliance with current regulations and makes appropriate recommendations to prevent new or recurring accidents.
- Develops and conducts phases of employee training, emergency preparedness, and quality assurance programs. Evaluates and approves routine material and equipment requisition, new and modified processes, and non-routine work.
- May provide leadership to less experienced specialists and to technicians through work assignments, monitoring schedules, and resolving problems.
- Typical Education – Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- Relevant Experience – 3+ years related experience and/or training
- Industrial Hygiene Experience preferred
- Required Certifications – Possess or is willing to pursue: Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Occupational Health & Safety Technologist (OHST) or Associate Safety Professional/Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP).
- Travel Required: Less than 10%
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
To Apply visit: https://careers.simplot.com/job-invite/10630/