Here are this morning’s most recent headlines from Wyo4News with links to the stories impacting your life in Sweetwater County.
- Western Wyoming Community College President Search: The Western Wyoming Community College Board of Trustees is pleased to announce that they have selected three finalists for the presidency of Western Wyoming Community College. More information here.
- Green River URA Hosting St. Paddy’s Day Poker Crawl Saturday, March 16th: The Green River URA/Main Street is hosting a St. Paddy’s Day Poker Crawl on Saturday, March 16, starting at 3:00 pm. More information here.
- Attention Musicians! Downtown RS Seeking Original Music By Wyoming Bands: This could be the opportunity Wyoming bands have been waiting for. More information here.
- Western’s 2019 Career And Transfer Fair: Western Wyoming Community College will host a Career and Transfer Fair in the Atrium on campus, Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. More information here.
- Wyoming History And Jazz Come Together: The Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency is welcoming Hot Tamale Louie – The Story of Zarif Khan to The Broadway Theater, April 12. More information here.
- Enzi: We Must Put Our Nation On A More Sustainable Fiscal Path: During a hearing yesterday on the president’s fiscal year 2020 budget proposal, U.S. Senator Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, said that Congress and the president must work together to put our nation on a more sustainable fiscal path. More information here.
- Boise State knocked off the Wyoming Cowgirls last night, 68-51, to win the Mountain West Conference Tournament in Las Vegas. The Cowgirl grabbed an early 5-2 lead, but trailed the remainder of the game. The 22 and 8 Cowgirls will now have to wait for a post-season invitation to either the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team or the N.I.T. post-season tournament. Boise State has an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
- The Wyoming Cowboy basketball season ended yesterday with their 78-68 loss to New Mexico. The Pokes lead by 11-points at the half and held that 11-point lead with 14-minutes to play before New Mexico took the lead on a 13 – 0 run and went on to outscore the Pokes 29-19 the remainder of the game.
- Seeds, Brackets Released For NCAA Wrestling Championships: The NCAA has released brackets and seeds for the 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships, including seedings and first-round matchups for the seven Wyoming Cowboys set to compete at the national tournament. More information here.
- Cowboys Fall To Lobos In First Round Of Mountain West Championships: The Cowboys held an 11-point halftime lead, but couldn’t hold off New Mexico’s comeback in the second half, falling 78-68 in the first round of the 2019 Air Force Reserve Mountain West Championships. More information here.
- Legion Baseball Bash Features Noah Galloway: Fans of more than just baseball will want to attend this year’s Post 24 Legion Baseball Sand Puppy Baseball Bash. More information here.
- Wyoming Cowgirl Soccer To Play Match At RSJH: The Cowboy Joe Club and Wyoming Athletics are happy to announce that the Wyoming Cowgirl soccer team will be playing in Rock Springs on March 30th, against Utah State. More information here.
Links to National and International News: